Friday, February 26, 2016

Use Those Scraps!

Hi, everyone!

We all have scraps of paper leftover from other projects and are always looking for new ideas to use them.  I have a technique today that not only uses those scraps, but gives you 2 cards with the work it takes to make 1 card.

The technique is one of my favorites by a very inspiring paper crafter, the very talented Jennifer McGuire.

The technique is called "Die Cut Inlays and you can find the YouTube video here.

Each month on my Facebook group, Kim's Angelic Kreations, I post a monthly Angelic Challenge.  The theme of this month's challenge is to use your scraps.

 For the more colorful card, I followed Jennifer's technique with the scraps, cutting butterflies from the stripe panel and white cardstock with butterfly dies from Art C.  For the sentiment, I used Tim Holtz's Simple sayings stamp set and VersaMark ink to stamp the frame, which I then heat embossed with Princess Gold Embossing Powder from Ranger.  I then stamped the sentiment with a stamp from the same stamp set using Teal Zeal ink by Memento.

For the pink card, I made a base with pink cardstock from Close to my Heart.  The striped butterfly & the smaller white butterfly were left from the first card.  I again stamped the frame with VersMark ink, but this time I heat embossed it with Ranger's Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.  I stamped the sentiment "life memories" in the same Teal Zeal ink that I used for the previous card.

The sentiments on both cards were adhered with foam tape.

Here are the cards:




I'll have another project for you on Sunday.  Until then, thanks for stopping my and have a great weekend!













2 comments: